1. To prevent condensation issues along or inside the trunking leading to leaking and the growth of mold, our piping insulation and trunking use above industry standard materials and practices. We use:
– 1/2 inch thick Armaflex insulation (Insulation brand that is the most reputable in Singapore) for the 2 copper pipes containing refrigerant. This is thicker than the recommended 3/8 inch thick Armaflex insulation and is added protection against condensation.
– Each of the two copper pipes are insulated individually from each other with two separate pieces of insulation.
– 1/4 inch thick Armaflex insulation for the drainage pipe.
– Litaflex (Made in Singapore) or equivalent matte white trunking to contain the piping. It is robust and easy to clean and paint over if needed.
– Wacker / Siroflex silicone sealant (Made in Holland) to properly seal up all the gaps in the trunking to prevent insects/pests from nesting inside.